Post-Acute Care Nurse Executive Course
- Training dates: 11/03/22, 11/10/22, 11/22/22, and 12/01/22 (4 days of instruction)
- Training time: 10 am -2:30 pm EST
- This program is provided as a live webinar.
The PAC-NE course is the only comprehensive and interactive training program that equips current and aspiring nurse executives with the tools and resources to succeed in a post-acute care environment.
The increasing demands of the post-acute care environment requires nurse executives who are well-versed in clinical standards and fiscal management to lead a diverse team regionally or nationally. Our program has been peer reviewed and endorsed by nurse executives, medical directors, industry experts, thought leaders, and state surveyors, as the premier program for seasoned and aspiring nurse executives in the post-acute care setting. Participants in the PAC-NE course will also receive an e-workbook.
Who should attend: The PAC-NE curriculum was designed as an in-depth training program for those serving as chief nursing officers (CNOs), chief clinical officers, vice presidents of clinical operations, regional/divisional nurses, directors of nurses, or nurse leaders aspiring to an executive position in the post-acute care setting. The program includes a wide range of training in clinical areas and provides practical examples with each module to ensure nurse executives are competent, confident, effective, and efficient in their role.
Certification as a PAC-NE: To be certified as a PAC-NE, you must pass the certification examination with a score of 80% or greater. Note: You have the option of taking the test without taking the course. Additionally, examination preparation can be completed with any post-acute care trainer in the post-acute care setting.
Course objectives (Additional topics will be reviewed in class):
- The role of the nurse as an executive in the post-acute care environment
- Understanding the post-acute care Environment
- Review of the different payors
- Fiscal management – review of staffing and cost-containment strategies
- Occurrence investigations (Accident and Incident Investigations and Reporting)
- Implementing an effective Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program
- Regulatory Compliance Strategies for success, including pre-survey prep to IDR
- Strategies for decreasing avoidable hospital readmissions
- Compliance and ethics
- Nursing processes
- Care optimization strategies
- Tools and resources
CEUs: RN/APRN attendees who complete the PAC-NE course and evaluation requirements are eligible to receive up to 15 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) valid for two years. CEUs are awarded by the New York University (NYU) Rory Meyers College of Nursing Center for Continuing Education, a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). CEUs are not offered if you challenge the examination and get certified.
Cancellation policy: There is a $100.00 cancellation fee. All requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing seven days prior to the commencement of the program. Exceptions: regulatory activity at the facility. Substitutes are permitted as long as the Institute is notified at least three days prior to the training date.