How to Avoid Infection Control F-tags
How to Avoid Infection Control and Prevention (IPC) F-tags on State and Federal Surveys. Strategies for Conquering IPC Challenges in Post-Acute Care.
- Date: Friday, February 24, 2023 at 1 pm CST
- Topic: How to Avoid Infection Control F-tags
- Speaker: Heather Hutson, RN, IP-BC
- Price: FREE
- Strategies to empower your Infection Preventionist.
- Overcoming challenges affecting your Infection Prevention and Control Program- including staffing.
- Tools and resources to drive success as an Infection Preventionist.
- Infection Prevention and Control Programs: Proactive vs Reactive.
Heather Hutson, RN, IP-BC
CEO, RN, Board-Certified Infection Preventionist, Healthcare Consultant
Motivated by her dedication to improving the well-being of the geriatric population, Heather’s passion for the long-term care industry has driven her professional successes. Heather is the founder and CEOof PreventionID. She began her nursing career as an LPN charge nurse at a long-term care facility in central Arkansas. Eventually promoted to Director of Nursing, she also oversaw the infection prevention and control program, reducing the use of unnecessarily prescribed antibiotics and lowering the facility’s infection rate by an astounding 75%. In addition to maintaining a 4–5-star rating, under her direction the facility won many awards, including “Most Improved Quality Measure” and “Facility Of The Year.” After 7 successful years as DON, Heather took a position as the Chief Infection Prevention Officer of a national infection prevention company where she successfully assisted long-term care facilities across the nation with the implementation of effective infection prevention and control programs.
A member of NADONA, the Arkansas Nursing Home Nurses Association, and nominee for Arkansas DON of the year in 2019, Heather is a Board-Certified Infection Preventionist, a Dementia Well-being Specialist, a CPR and First-Aid Instructor and has been the keynote speaker at multiple State Health Care Association annual conventions.