Post-Acute Care Certified Nurse Leader (PAC-NL) Certification
A Nurse Leader is a nurse who is a member of the interdisciplinary team at a skilled nursing facility, long-term acute care hospital, continuing care retirement community, home health care and hospice, or any healthcare setting in the post-acute care environment. The nurse leader (charge nurse, floor nurse, unit manager, nursing supervisor, etc.) is responsible and accountable for the nursing care provided to residents/patients. The nurse leader usually reports to the Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, or Nursing Supervisor. Roles may vary from one organization to another.
Eligibility for the PAC-NL Certification
- An active and unencumbered RN license within a state or territory of the United States.
- A nursing degree (ASN/ADN or higher) plus at least one year of experience as a charge nurse, floor nurse, supervisor, unit manager in a post-acute care setting OR
- RN with an associate degree in nursing currently working as an infection preventionist, staff educator, MDS coordinator, nursing supervisor, or higher are eligible to take this examination.
About the PAC-NL Certification Examination
The post-acute care certified nurse leader examination is the required examination to become certified as a Post-Acute Care Nurse Leader (PAC-NL). The examination assesses clinical and technical competency. You will have three hours to complete the proctored examination.
- The proctored examination is available to be taken any time (24/7) after registration and acceptance of the application for the exam.
- The examination includes multiple-choice questions randomly selected from a test bank. You are required to achieve a passing grade of 80% or higher to be certified as a Post-Acute Care Certified Nurse Leader.
- InsPAC offers preparatory courses for all the PAC certifications for a fee, but the InsPAC courses are not mandatory or a requisite for taking the certification exam. Test takers are free to prepare for the exam with any other educational provider.
- CEUs are not offered for the examination.
- Price: $299
If you have a disability requiring additional accommodations, please contact us at email@example.com prior to registering for the examination.