Post-Acute Care Certified Licensed Practical Nurse (PAC-LPN) Certification
A licensed practical nurse is a nurse licensed to practice in the United States. Post-Acute Care LPNs are nurses who work at a skilled nursing facility, long-term acute care hospital, continuing care retirement community, home care and hospice, or any healthcare setting in the post-acute care environment. The licensed practical nurse is responsible for a range of hands-on and administrative tasks. LPNs monitor the patient’s health, vital signs, and basic care, including medication, treatment administration, and daily living. Depending on the clinical setting, an LPN may report to a Registered Nurse, Nursing Supervisor, or higher.
Eligibility for the PAC-LPN Certification
- An active and unencumbered LPN license within a state or territory of the United States.
- One year of experience as an LPN in a post-acute care setting
About the PAC-LPN Certification Examination
The post-acute care certified practical nurse examination is the required examination to become certified as a post-acute care certified licensed practical nurse (PAC-LPN). The examination assesses clinical and technical competency. You will have three hours to complete the proctored examination.
- The proctored examination is available any time (24/7) after registration and acceptance of the application for the exam.
- The examination includes multiple-choice questions randomly selected from a test bank. You are required to achieve a passing grade of 80% or higher to be certified as a post-acute care certified professional in your area of practice.
- InsPAC offers preparatory courses for all the PAC certifications for a fee, but the InsPAC courses are not mandatory or a requisite for taking the certification exam. Test takers are free to prepare for the exam with any other vendor.
- CEUs are not offered for the examination.
- If you have a disability requiring additional accommodations, please contact us at email@example.com prior to registering for the examination.
- Price: $299