Post-Acute Care Certified Legal Nurse Practitioner (PAC-LNP) Certification Examination
A Post-Acute Care Certified Legal Nurse Practitioner is a Registered Nurse currently practicing or has previous experience as a nurse at a skilled nursing facility, long-term acute care hospital, continuing care retirement community, home care and hospice, or any healthcare setting in the post-acute care environment. The Legal Nurse Practitioner usually works in a consultant role with attorneys, insurance companies, post-acute care companies to assist with the analysis and evaluation of facts and testimonies as well as the rendering of informed opinions related to the delivery of nursing and other healthcare services and outcomes.
Eligibility for the PAC-LNP
- An active and unencumbered RN license within a state or territory of the United States.
- An Associates of Nursing Degree nursing degree or higher plus at least one year of experience as a nurse, nurse leader, unit manager, nursing supervisor, staff educator/infection preventionist, or MDS coordinator in a post-acute care setting including but not limited to, home care, hospice and assisted living .
About the PAC-LNP Certification Examination
The Post-Acute Care Certified Legal Nurse Practitioner examination is the required examination to become certified as a Post-Acute Care Certified Legal Nurse Practitioner (PAC-LNP). The examination assesses clinical and technical competency to become a legal nurse practitioner. You will have an hour and a half to complete the proctored examination.
- The proctored examination is available to be taken any time (24/7) after registration and acceptance of the application for the exam.
- The examination includes multiple-choice questions randomly selected from a test bank. You are required to achieve a passing grade of 80% or higher to be certified as a Post-Acute Care Legal Nurse Practitioner (PAC-LNP).
- InsPAC offers preparatory courses for all the PAC certifications for a fee, but the InsPAC courses are not mandatory or a requisite for taking the certification exam. Test takers are free to prepare for the exam with any other educational provider.
- CEUs are not offered for the examination.
If you have a disability requiring additional accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the examination.