Post-Acute Care Certified Staff Educator (PAC-CSE) Certification
A staff educator is a nurse who is a member of the interdisciplinary team at a skilled nursing facility, long-term acute care hospital, continuing care retirement community, home care and hospice, or any healthcare setting in the post-acute care environment. The staff educator is responsible for orienting and providing education to nurses and members of the interdisciplinary team. They provide in-service programs and continuing education activities, coordinate preceptor programs, and ensure competency for the staff. The staff educator usually reports to the Director of Nursing or Assistant Director of Nursing.
Eligibility for the PAC-CSE Certification
- An active and unencumbered RN license within a state or territory of the United States.
- A nursing degree (ASN or higher) plus at least one year of experience as a charge nurse, floor nurse in a post-acute care setting OR RN with an associate degree in nursing currently working as a staff educator, MDS coordinator, nursing supervisor, infection preventionist, assistant director of nursing, or higher are eligible to take this examination.
About the PAC-CSE Certification Examination
The post-acute care Certified Staff Educator examination is the required examination to become certified as a Post-Acute Care Nurse Leader (PAC-CSE). The examination assesses clinical and technical competency. You will have three hours to complete the proctored examination.
- The proctored examination is available to be taken any time (24/7) after registration and acceptance of the application for the exam.
- The examination includes multiple-choice questions randomly selected from the test bank. You are required to achieve a passing grade of 80% percent or higher to be certified as a post-acute care certified professional in your area of practice.
- InsPAC offers preparatory courses for all the PAC certifications for a fee, but the InsPAC courses are not mandatory or a requisite for taking the certification exam. Test takers are free to prepare for the exam with any other educational providers.
- CEUs are not offered for the examination.
- Price: $299
If you have a disability requiring additional accommodations, please contact us at email@example.com prior to registering for the examination.