Post-Acute Care Certified Nurse Executive (PAC-NE) Certification Examination
A Nurse Executive is a member of the executive team who provides leadership to the nursing staff at a healthcare organization. Most nurse executives are responsible for creating clinical budgets and developing strategic plans that provide clinical direction to their team. Titles used by nurse executives include:
- Chief nursing officer
- Chief clinical officer
- Vice president of clinical operations
- Regional director of clinical operations/divisional director of nursing
- Titles may vary based on the organization
Eligibility for the PAC-NE
- An active and unencumbered RN license within a state or territory of the United States.
- A nursing degree (BSN or higher) plus at least one year of experience in a leadership position in a
post-acute care setting OR
- RN with an associate’s degree in nursing currently in a nurse executive role such as: chief nursing officer or chief clinical officer, vice president of clinical operations, regional director of clinical operations/divisional director of nursing, quality assurance performance improvement (QAPI) nurse, or any nurse in an executive role.
About the PAC-NE Certification Examination
The post-acute care certified nurse executive examination is the required examination to become certified as a Post-Acute Care Nurse Executive (PAC-NE). The examination assesses clinical and technical competency. You will have three hours to complete the proctored examination.
- The proctored examination is available to be taken any time (24/7) after registration and acceptance of the application for the examination.
- The examination uses multiple-choice questions randomly selected from a test bank. Candidates are required to achieve a passing grade of 80% or higher to be certified as a Post-Acute Care Nurse Executive (PAC-NE).
- InsPAC offers preparatory courses for all the PAC certifications for a fee, however, the InsPAC courses are not mandatory for taking the certification exam. Test takers are free to prepare for the exam with any other educational provider.
- CEUs are not offered for the examination.
If you have a disability requiring additional accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the examination.