- Welcome to InsPAC Scholarship
- Scholarship Details
- Scholarship Requirements
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Scholarship Timeline
Welcome to the Post-Acute Care Director of Nursing (PAC-DON) Nursing Leadership Development Scholarship Program!
Are you a passionate nursing professional looking to advance your career in the post-acute care field? The PAC-DON Nursing Leadership Development course is designed to provide you with comprehensive training and knowledge to excel as a Director of Nursing (DON) in post-acute care settings. We are delighted to offer an exclusive scholarship opportunity for this transformative online course.
The PAC-DON Nursing Leadership Development Scholarship is a merit-based program that aims to recognize and support outstanding nursing professionals who demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in the post-acute care field. The scholarship will cover the full cost of the PAC-DON Nursing Leadership Development course, providing recipients with a valuable opportunity to enhance their skills and advance their careers.
To be eligible for the PAC-DON Nursing Leadership Development Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nursing Professional: Applicants must be licensed nurses with a demonstrated passion for post-acute care and a desire to excel as a Director of Nursing.
- Experience: Applicants should have a minimum of two years of professional nursing experience in the post-acute care setting.
- Leadership Potential: Applicants should possess strong leadership qualities and a desire to grow and develop as nursing leaders. They should demonstrate a commitment to fostering a positive work environment and improving patient outcomes.
- Commitment to Learning: Applicants should have a genuine enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional development. They should be dedicated to expanding their knowledge and skills in the post-acute care field.
To apply for the PAC-DON Nursing Leadership Development Scholarship, please complete the online application form by the specified deadline. The application will require the following:
- Personal Information: Provide your contact details, including your full name, email address, and phone number.
- Resume/CV: Upload a current copy of your resume or curriculum vitae highlighting your nursing experience and any relevant certifications or achievements.
- Statement of Intent: Write a brief statement (250 words) outlining your reasons for applying for the scholarship and how you believe the PAC-DON Nursing Leadership Development course will benefit your career goals.
- References: Include contact information for two professional references who can speak to your qualifications and potential as a nursing leader.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of experienced nursing professionals. The committee will evaluate each application based on the eligibility criteria, qualifications, leadership potential, and the strength of the applicant’s statement of intent. Finalists may be invited for a brief interview as part of the selection process.
- Application Deadline: 10.01.2023
- Selection and Notification of Recipients: 12.04.2023
Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to further your nursing career and become an influential leader in the post-acute care field. Apply for the PAC-DON Nursing Leadership Development Scholarship today and take the next step towards your professional aspirations.
Apply Now >
The PAC-DON course equips students to understand the roles/responsibilities of a Director of Nurses in a Post-Acute Care environment. Practical examples are presented to explain the underlying regulations to make the student: knowledgeable and ready to demonstrate the acquired skills, articulate the different types of reimbursement, understand regulatory compliance and its impact on quality assurance, performance improvement, understand the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Five (5) Star Rating System
Module 1: Role of DON
Discover the critical responsibilities and key functions of a Director of Nursing in the post-acute care setting. Gain insights into leadership strategies and best practices for effective management.
Module 2: Leadership
Develop your leadership skills and learn how to inspire and motivate your team. Explore different leadership styles and techniques to drive positive outcomes and foster a collaborative work environment.
Module 3: Professionalism
Understand the importance of professionalism in nursing leadership. Learn how to maintain high ethical standards, promote integrity, and enhance your professional reputation.
Module 4: Human Resource Management
Gain knowledge and tools for effective human resource management in post-acute care facilities. Learn about recruitment, staffing, performance management, and creating a positive workplace
Module 5: Financial Management/Budgets and Reimbursement
Explore the financial aspects of post-acute care facilities, including budgeting, reimbursement, and financial management strategies. Develop skills to make informed decisions and optimize resources.
Modules 6/7: Regulatory Compliance/5 Star
Navigate the complex world of regulatory compliance in post-acute care. Understand the Five-Star Quality Rating System and learn strategies to ensure compliance and improve quality outcomes.
Module 8: Review of Federal Tags/Avoiding Citations/MDS overview
Gain a comprehensive understanding of federal tags, avoid common citations, and explore the Minimum Data Set (MDS) overview. Learn how to maintain compliance with federal regulations.
Module 9: Reportable Events
Discover the importance of identifying and reporting reportable events in post-acute care facilities. Learn how to effectively respond to incidents and ensure patient safety.
Module 10: QAPI
Delve into the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program and learn how to implement effective quality improvement initiatives. Enhance patient care and outcomes through data-driven decision-making.
Module 11: Partnership Relations and Support
Explore the significance of building strong partnerships with stakeholders and external organizations. Develop strategies to collaborate and foster positive relationships for better patient care.
Module 12: Staff Education and Staff Development
Discover the importance of ongoing staff education and development. Learn effective methods for training and motivating your team to ensure high-quality care and continuous professional growth.
Module 13: Career Development
Gain insights into personal and professional growth opportunities in the post-acute care field. Explore career pathways, networking strategies, and continuous learning to advance your nursing career.
The PAC-DON Nursing Leadership Development course will equip you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to excel in your role as a Director of Nursing in post-acute care settings. Don’t miss this exclusive scholarship opportunity to take part in this transformative online course.
Post-Acute Care Certification Examinations
Our certification programs are designed for all nurses and staff in the Post-Acute Care setting. The certification is valid for two years after the date of issue, after which certification can be renewed. Please see the Certification Renewal section for details. Our current suite of certifications includes: