Post-Acute Care Certified Nursing Assistant (PAC-CNA) Certification
A certified nursing assistant is an aide certified to practice in the United States. Post-Acute Care certified nurse aides work at skilled nursing facilities, long-term acute care hospitals, continuing care retirement communities, home care and hospice, or any healthcare setting in the post-acute care environment. The certified nursing assistant provides direct care to patients, is responsible for a range of hands-on activities, and helping patients with a wide range of basic needs, including bathing, eating, bathing, grooming, mobility, and more. Nursing Assistants monitor the patient’s health and vital signs and provide basic care. Depending on the clinical setting, a nursing assistant may report to a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), nursing supervisor, or higher.
Eligibility for the PAC-CNA Certification
- An active and unencumbered CNA license within a state or territory of the United States.
About the PAC-CNA Certification Examination
The post-acute care certified nursing assistant examination is the required examination to become certified as a post-acute care certified nursing assistant (PAC-CNA). The examination assesses clinical and technical competency. You will have three hours to complete the proctored examination.
- The proctored examination is available to be taken any time (24/7) after registration and acceptance of the application for the exam.
- The examination includes multiple-choice questions randomly selected from the test bank. You are required to achieve a passing grade of 80% or higher to be certified as a post-acute care nurse aide.
- InsPAC offers preparatory courses for all the PAC certifications for a fee, but the InsPAC courses are not mandatory or a requisite for taking the certification exam. Test takers are free to prepare for the exam with any educational provider.
- CEUs are not offered for the examination.
- If you have a disability requiring additional accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the examination.
- Price: $99